Restylane is a gel that is injected into the skin in order to add volume to lips and lift up wrinkles and folds. Restylane consists of hyaluronic acid, which is a natural substance already present in your body. Once in the skin, Restylane works by creating volume. Some dermal fillers are animal-derived, however the hyaluronic acid in Restylane is non-animal and treatment does not require an allergy test.
- Fills moderate to severe wrinkles, deep creases and smoker’s lines
- Perks up a droopy brow
- Results are visible immediately and long lasting
- Plumps lips
Dreaming of full, juicy lips? Need a little lift but scared of going under the knife? Then say hello to Restylane® and say goodbye to wrinkles, smoker’s lines and thin or uneven lips. This FDA approved wrinkle-filling superstar provides a lush lift using hyaluronic acid, a substance your body naturally produces. Restylane® perks up a droopy brow, plumps a puny pout and fills in facial wrinkles, creases and folds for immediate and dramatic results.
About Restylane ®
Hyaluronic acid is a natural substance found in skin and works to trap water and maintain the intercellular space within the dermis. As our skin ages, hyaluronic acid, collagen and elastin are gradually lost from the dermis. The end result is volume loss, skin laxity, and wrinkles.
- No anti-inflammatory drugs (Ibuprofen, Motrin, Advil, Aleve, Vioxx, etc.), aspirin, high doses of Vitamin E, or Ginko Biloba one week prior to treatment. This will reduce the possible side effects of bruising and/or swelling in the treated area(s).
- Consumption of alcoholic beverages prior to treatment can increase the chances of bruising and/or swelling.
- You cannot be pregnant or breastfeeding to receive treatment.
- If you have a history of oral herpes, you must pre-treat with an anti-viral three days before your scheduled visit.
- Swelling, redness, and tenderness will occur after your treatment and usually resolves within 72 hours.
- Cold compresses (a cloth dipped in cold water, wrung out, and applied to the injected area) may be used immediately after treatment to reduce swelling.
- Avoid touching the treated area within 6 hours of treatment so you do not accidentally injure your skin. After that, the area can be gently washed with soap and water.
- Until there is no redness or swelling, avoid exposure of the treated area to intense heat (sun lamp or sun bathing) or extreme cold weather.
- If you have suffered previously from facial cold sores, there is a risk that the needle punctures could contribute to another occurrence. Ask your treatment provider about medications that may minimize a recurrence.
- Avoid taking aspirin and other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications, St. John’s wort, and high doses of Vitamin E supplements for one week after treatment. These agents may increase the risk of bruising and bleeding at the injection site.
- Avoid aesthetic lasers, microdermabrasion, or IPL over areas with Restylane for a minimum of one week after treatment.
- Follow up treatments should be scheduled usually every six months.
- Consistent repeated treatments will produce best resolution of wrinkles.