BOTOX® Cosmetic is a prescription medicine that is injected into muscles and used to improve the look of the “11s,” the moderate-to-severe frown lines between the eyebrows (glabellar lines). It works by blocking nerve impulses to the injected muscles. This reduces muscle activity that causes moderate to severe lines to form between the brows. For more information come in for a free consultation at Dermalaser Med Spa in Miami for Botox treatments.
Sculptra Aesthetic® is the first facial injectable that gives you subtle results over time.
- Works gradually to replace lost collagen – a key cause of wrinkles, lines and folds
- Subtle yet noticeable results that can last up to 2 years
- Treatment sessions are, on average, just 3 injections over a few months
A full treatment of Sculptra Aesthetic®, an average of three injection sessions over a few months, can last up to two years. So you have more time to see how sensational subtle can be. Discover anti-age for the modern age.
Sculptra Aesthetic® is a facial injectable made from poly-L-lactic acid, which helps to replace lost collagen and commonly is used to correct facial wrinkles or nasolabial folds, the “parenthesis” lines between your nose and mouth. It also stimulates your body to make its own collagen – and it lasts because it’s yours.
About Sculptra Aesthetic®
Sculptra® is an injectable treatment that offers long-lasting rejuvenation to combat wrinkles, drooping and facial atrophy. Unlike dermal fillers, such as Restylane and Juvederm, Sculptra is considered a “collagen stimulator”. That means that rather than plumping up the skin with an injected gel that goes away over time, Sculptra induces the production of new collagen.Sculptra is provided with a series of injections, 3 vials on average, over several months. This allows results to be fine-tuned and for effects to be achieved gradually, without an over-done or operated-on look. Results will last typically for at least 26 months.Sculptra® Aesthetic is different in the way it works.
Provides gradual results that can last up to 2 years*
- This is the default HTML.
- You can replace it with your own.
- Include your own code without the HTML, Head, or Body tags.
Sculptra® Aesthetic (injectable poly-L-lactic acid) is a facial injectable that works gradually in a series of treatments — on average, 3 injection sessions over a fewmonths — for a subtle, more youthful looking appearance. Discover anti-age for
the modern age. Goes to the source of facial aging Sculptra Aesthetic targets the underlying causes of the signs of facial aging.
It can give you noticeable results that emerge subtly and can last for up to 2 years.* It begins to work within the deep dermis, where your skin’s structure is reinforced as Sculptra Aesthetic helps to replace lost collagen. This reinforced collagen structure provides a foundation that gradually restores the look of fullness of your shallow to deep facial wrinkles and folds that have depleted over time. The result? Sculptra Aesthetic is different because it gradually and subtly corrects these facial wrinkles and folds. This can provide a refined, more youthful looking appearance that can last up to 2 years.* Is biocompatible and biodegradable Sculptra Aesthetic is made from a synthetic material called poly-L-lactic acid, which is gradually and naturally absorbed by the body as it works to replace lost collagen. Poly-L-lactic acid has been used for decades in
- No anti-inflammatory drugs (Ibuprofen, Motrin, Advil, Aleve, Vioxx, etc.), aspirin, high doses of Vitamin E, or Ginko Biloba one week prior to treatment. This will reduce the possible side effects of bruising and/or swelling in the treated area(s).
- Consumption of alcoholic beverages prior to treatment can increase the chances of bruising and/or swelling.
- You cannot be pregnant or breastfeeding to receive treatment.
- If you have a history of oral herpes, you must pre-treat with an anti-viral three days before your scheduled visit.
- Follow up treatments should be scheduled usually every six months.
- Consistent repeated treatments will produce best resolution of wrinkles.
- Indication: Sculptra®Aesthetic is intended for use in people with healthy immune systems as one time treatment
- Regimen of up to 4 injection sessions that are scheduled about 3 weeks apart for correction of shallow to deep
- Nasolabial fold contour deficiencies and other facial wrinkles in which deep dermal grid pattern (cross-hatch) injection technique is appropriate. Sculptra Aesthetic may provide cosmetic correction of facial wrinkles with a Wrinkle Assessment Score of 2,3 or 4 as shown in the photos (Figure 1) of the Patients Guide to Treatment. Important Safety Information: You should not use Sculptra Aesthetic if you are allergic to any ingredient of the product or have a history of keloid formation or hypertrophic scarring. It should not be injected while you have an active skin infection or inflammation in the treatment area and should not be injected into the red area of the lip. Use in the skin near the eyes is not recommended.
- Side effects may include injection site discomfort, redness, bruising, bleeding, itching and swelling. Other side effects may include small lumps under the skin that are sometimes noticeable when pressing on the treated area. Larger lumps, some with delayed onset with or without inflammation or skin discoloration, have also been reported. In a key clinical study the numbers of small and larger lumps were low and most resolved without treatment.
- Swelling, redness, and tenderness will occur after your treatment and usually resolves within 72 hours.
- Cold compresses (a cloth dipped in cold water, wrung out, and applied to the injected area) may be used immediately after treatment to reduce swelling.
- Avoid touching the treated area within 6 hours of treatment so you do not accidentally injure your skin. After that, the area can be gently washed with soap and water.
- Until there is no redness or swelling, avoid exposure of the treated area to intense heat (sun lamp or sun bathing) or extreme cold weather.
- If you have suffered previously from facial cold sores, there is a risk that the needle punctures could contribute to another occurrence. Ask your treatment provider about medications that may minimize a recurrence.
- Avoid taking aspirin and other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications, St. John’s wort, and high doses of Vitamin E supplements for one week after treatment. These agents may increase the risk of bruising and bleeding at the injection site.
- Avoid aesthetic lasers, microdermabrasion, or IPL over areas with JUVÉDERM® Injectable Gel for a minimum of one week after treatment.
- Proper aftercare is necessary in order to help get the best possible results. Your doctor will give you specific instructions at each injection session. The following general guidelines will help you get the most from your treatment:
- Within the first 24 hours of treatment, help reduce swelling by applying a cloth-wrapped ice pack to the area for a few minutes at a time. Avoid applying ice directly to the skin.
- massage the treated area for 5 minutes 5 times a day for 5 days, as recommended by your physician. This will help evenly distribute Sculptra Aesthetic. Until any initial swelling and redness goes away, avoid excessive sunlight and UV lamp exposure.